Communications workers of America
CWA Local 9408
FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED!
Wear your Union Shirts and please come out during your break or lunch break to show support for your CWA District 9 Bargaining Committee
JUNE 30th DISTRICT WIDE DAY OF ACTION INFORMATIONAL PICKET
Members are asked to wear an American Flag sticker on their shirt. To show solidarity. The company should not give members any push back for participating in this action. Stickers will be delivered to the Stewards in the local yards as soon as we receive them.
Your Bargaining Committee met with the Company at formal table today and passed a package proposal which included:
• Monitoring MOA - Limitations on how often the Company can monitor its employees as well as Q & A for the intent.
• Improvements to Illness Absence time and increases to the Meal Allowance rate.
• Article 2 - Force Allocation, we are seeking enhancements to the surplus process which would increase the benefits to those who relocate or leave the Company. In addition, we are proposing modifications to the VSB matching process.
• B-Help - There is currently one Company paid union appointed representative that assists with employee’s issues around benefits. The Union is asking for additional paid help in this area as there are numerous problems related to FMLA denials, disabilities and benefits in general.
• OPT – Additional compensation for employees in the OPT title and Combination Techs and Splicing Techs in Nevada.
The Union has countered the Company’s retrogressive proposals on Holidays, Tuition Aid and we are asking for improvements to the National Transfer Plan. There are still many proposals on the table that we are working on.
WORK TO THE RULE!
JULY 1st, OUTSIDE TECHS MOBILIZING EVENT
JUNE 30th, Olive Building
(South End) • 11am - 1pm
All images on this site are the property of CWA Local 9408 and may not be used, reproduced or copied without the expressed written consent from CWA Local 9408.